Manage door occupancy and time slot lengths quickly and easily yourself using rule sets.
Appointment scheduling, and thus the timing of operational workloads at your loading points, can take on any degree of complexity. In order to map physical conditions on site and process-related peculiarities, our Process-as-a-Service platform myleo / dsc relies on an accessible graphical tool. This makes it easy, for example, to automate the booking of additional loading points or the calculation of time slot lengths.
With the help of the tool, you can introduce all the necessary rules and information that are available for the respective time slot. The best thing about it is that you can request any information directly from the booking party - for example, your freight forwarder. This includes, for example, the type of vehicle used, whether empty pallets are brought, etc.
- A certain forwarder has different time slot lengths? - Possible without further ado!
- There is a special process for a delivered / collected material? - Simply set it up!
- There are special loading points for dangerous goods transports? - Define them with a few clicks!
- Setup times have to be scheduled for certain transports? - No problem!
- Booking at loading point A, when material A is loaded there, prevents simultaneous booking at loading point B? - Adjustable!
For example, if you plan a loading point where either two vans or a truck with trailer can be unloaded at the same time and vans need an unloading time of 30 minutes but an hour has to be scheduled for the trailer, this can be easily defined with a little logic following the "if/then" pattern:
- IF means of transport = "van"
- THEN capacity allocation = 1 AND duration = 30 minutes
- IF means of transport = "truck with trailer
- THEN capacity allocation = 2 AND duration = 60 minutes
You can also use these logics to automatically schedule processes that involve several loading points - for example, if the empties loading point still has to be approached after a loading to carry out the return of empty pallets. In this case, in addition to the time slot that is booked by the forwarder for loading, for example, a subsequent time slot is automatically booked at the empties loading point:
- IF process = "With empties"
- THEN book time slot on "Empties loading point" with start time = end time of loading + 15 minutes.
You can easily create your individual booking rules using the Blockly editor integrated in the platform. Blockly is a graphically simplified code editor. It is based on classic programming rules such as loops, mathematics or text modules, which can be visually displayed and interlocked as "blocks" within the editor. Users are thus able to apply programming logic according to the modular principle without having to have any development knowledge of their own.
This is just the beginning - imagine being able to automate all processes along your operational logistics chain on the basis of such rule sets! You want to discuss your use cases with us? We look forward to hearing from you.